06 July 2009

4th of July

We got off the plane on Thursday and literally hopped in the car to head down to Independence for the 4th of July weekend. We had tons of fun playing tennis, running in the mini marathon (by mini I mean 2.6 mi), eating great BBQ, enjoying the 90+ degree weather, swimming, and just relaxing.
all the racers


at the start


justin and cody

kyle

my aunt kristy (aka chicken) kickin my butt!

katy

our cheering section + grandpa

after the run

we were both pretty tuckered out

until we hoped in the pool with Rhysers, he was not so sure what to think

2 comments:

Danny and Kristen Woodbury said...

That's so fun! I love running races with friends to pace and laugh with! I miss Chicken, Rocky, and the family!

Chad and Jessica said...

Ofcourse I remember you! I think you are guys are so awesome! Every time I visit you're blog I'm so inspired by how adventurous you guys are...I love outdoor recreation....LOVE...and I love all your posts because you guys are always up to the funnest stuff! Chad and I just found out we're moving to LaPine, it's really close to Bend, and we're so excited for all the hiking, and mountain biking etc....he's excited about the golf especially.


It's great to see you running again! You look GREAT! No surprise. I can't wait to run again...did not being able to exercise (run, bike etc) drive you crazy when you were pregnant?...I miss riding a bike so bad!

I was wondering about the jogging stroller. We have a jogging stroller all ready to go...but I'm wandering if I need to get another regular stroller? My sister says the baby has to be pretty big before you can use the jogging stroller, but you guys are already using yours and Rhys is....2 months-ish? Would you recommend getting a regular stroller, or would it be a waste? Are they pretty interchangeable?

Gosh, I would love to talk to you about your first few months with Rhys. I'm so excited but so worried about how things will go once our baby arrives...and I feel like you would have a similar perspective to me. Anyway, take care, and thanks for the comment on my blog. It's so good to hear from you!