01 April 2010

My First Place

Over the last several months, while we were searching for a house, we have also been filming for the HGTV show My First Place. It made the whole process even more crazy and stressful than it already was, but in the end, we will get to be on TV and will get a copy of the episode to always remember the drama behind actually buying a house. It has been really fun at times, and not-so-fun at times, but we got to meet some great people and learn about their job in the BIZ. From Deadliest catch and How its made to Twilight and Obsessed. It was so fun to listen to their stories and get to know them for a bit.

the awesome crew: Jeff- camera guy, Christian- sound guy, and Liz- producer

getting some footage. *side note: we actually put an offer on the red house in the background.

We had quite a few LONG days of shooting, including Justins birthday which consisted of a 9 hour shoot, but it will all be worth it in the end. Not to mention we got a sweet chair for our front room, and some cash towards our fridge. cha-ching! It was definetly an experience. It has, however, forever changed the way we watch "reality TV."

8 comments:

lyndsey said...

so when do i get to witness your tv debut?

Mollie said...

Fun!!!! I watch that show ALL the time! When is it going to be on so I can for sure watch?

Megan and Greg said...

Ok, that was not enough information! How did this even happen? How did you get involved? CRAZY!!! Be sure to let us know when you're on tv! This is CRAZY!!! I still can't believe you guys live in such a mansion of a house!

Megan said...

So awesome!! Tell us when it airs so we can watch!!

jess and lacy said...

I love that show!!! so fun! and ps your son is way too cute!

lisa said...

what the Heh?!! You guys are too amazing, I can't wait to watch my famous friends. Who knows, maybe they'll like you so much you'll get your own series! One thing's for sure, the fun/craziness never stops for the Aidas.

Stephanie said...

I agree with Megan, we need some details of how this came about! How fun! :)

party of four said...

I totally just saw a commercial with you guys yesterday. I was like, hey....I swear that was Kelly Aida...and then they showed Justin. So, I had to search your blog and find out for sure. I know famous people! Ha. Congrats on the new house...and on baby #2!!! Rhys is adorable!!!