14 February 2011

the DUE date

Today was supposed to be the big day. I have had a big star on it in my calendar all year. It has been used for the last nine months as a marker of sorts, my personal countdown. And had everything gone according to plan... if there is such a thing... today would have had so much more meaning than flowers and chocolate hearts. Today would have been the beginning of our new little family. He was supposed to be our little love boy. But today is still a big day and I have still been looking forward to it. Today now marks "normal" for Beckham.

So, as of today, he is 7lb. 15oz. As of today I can start looking forward to the big milestones (like sleeping longer than 3 hours). He finally began nursing well. And his awake/sleep pattern is beginning to find a normal rythm. And I am thrilled. He is doing great and we are all happy that he has been part of our family for the past 2 months.

So Happy Valentines day. We aren't big into this holiday, but it has been great. Justin let me sleep in till 9, Rhys has been cranky because of more ear infections, Beckham is a dream baby, and I am thrilled because I got this bike trainer. Its been a great day.

3 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

It is nice to hit those milestones. I was just thinking that today! I remember waking up all night to nurse, eck. So horrible. That's great he's good at nursing, now. Scarlet never gained weight nursing and we had to eventually stop :(
I'm glad he's at a good weight now. That's great. Happy V Day!

Unknown said...

I'm glad that he's doing well. Enjoy your bike trainer.

Danny and Kristen Woodbury said...

More pictures of Beckham please!