31 December 2009

dear 2009

Seriously, where did you go? I swear just a few days ago we were just getting acquainted. And now here we are, about to say goodbye. I'm very sad, you see, you were good to me. You brought about a real treasure, my baby boy, and for that I will always keep you close to my heart. You gave us many firsts that I am so grateful for. Justin graduated law school and became a guy with a career. You brought many people into our lives that will forever stay with us. Family time was especially good this year because I got to watch adorning people love on my little man. Holidays were given a new meaning and you gave me a new perspective on life. I have never loved, laughed or been happier in my entire life. We truly have been blessed more than I ever could have imagined, I only hope I can give half as much as we received. We lived and loved in Lake Oswego, Oregon like we would be here forever, but like that, all good things must come to an end.

2010- You have big shoes to fill. I won't lie to you, Im not sure you can top '09, but Im willing to let you try. You can start with our lease ending on our little home, so you better have something good lined up. Im sure this will be another year of firsts for us, so we are ready for any surprise you feel fitting. And I know our adventures will probably slow down a bit, but I promise to do my part to not let you go to waste. So lets start off right, maybe somewhere tropical...

Cheers to a new year!

kelly

1 comment:

The Thomas Kidlets said...

great post! funny thing, i posted something very similar today!! happy new year to you and your family! chat in 2010!