29 December 2009

oh, the weather outside is frightful!

Every year, it snows in portland. Thats great, I think snow is soo pretty. However, because it only snow's once, maybe twice a year, the city has no idea what to do with it. We have no plows. They wont use salt. And they couldnt really predict this storm. Every hour they have come on the breaking news adding another "possible" inch to the expected amount to fall. I am happy and warm in my home, but Justin is stuck on the freeway, (and has been for the last 1.5 hrs.)trying to make it home, in our rear wheel chevy camaro... turns out its not the best snow mobile.

**and just for the record, it is now 11:30pm and Justin just arrived home safely (a total of 7.5 hours stuck in the snow). Thanks to the help of our amazingly great friends the Rockwoods and their fanatstic car, the FJ.

6 comments:

Mari said...

Ha, we've noticed that the news is cutting into regular scheduled programming for these massive 4 inches of snow.
That would so not happen in Michigan.
I'm sorry Justin is stuck out there in it though! That would not be fun for sure.

The Thomas Kidlets said...

KELLY! i saw your link on ranes' blog. your family is so dang cute! happy new year!! i will add you to my blog list :)

Justin + kelly said...

WHo is this?? I am racking my brain and I got nothing! Sorry.

Brooke and Ryan said...

7.5 hours getting home? Dang. I really thought the camaro would be a great snow car.. haheha
Curse the snow! Glad Justin made it home ok.

The Grahams said...

That was us last year... stuck in the snow for 5 hours with a newborn and a 2 year old, thanks to good ole ODOT that just doesn't know how to handle it! Poor Justin... that is a long time! So glad we are in CA this year to miss all that :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Justin made it home safely. I didn't realize it's snowed only once or twice.