26 August 2010

Have you ever been??

Im in need of a bit of help. We are planning a trip to the east coast this september and trying to figure out just what to do. I have been to DC and NYC before, but know there are lots of things that we missed. Our plans are completely up in the air with a definite stop in DC. Boston is a possibilty, but to be honest, I dont know how interested I am in making the trek up there. What is there to do? Im not exactly a big city kinda gal, we seem to get lost in the hustle of it all and miss the local spots that make the trip that much better. So, I would love some input. Any great little spots that you've been to and would make it a must do? Maybe things that weren't in the city but totally worth stopping at? I am half tempted to make a trip up to Hoboken, NJ and stop by to meet the Cake Boss...perhaps get a few canoli's... Anyways, I would love your help!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

rumor has it ithaca is a pretty nice little place, probably worth checking out.

Piper said...

Um, if you want a good Canoli then you need to come to BOSTON! We would love to show you some of the great spots in New England. Honestly, the Fall here is beautiful. Apple picking, the Cape, Maine's coast, Fenway, and did I mention Apple picking. Best activity ever.
Oh wait...we are having a baby in Sept, but still, it's great here.
Good luck with your plans.

Rachel Chappell said...

I'm going out to DC in September to meet up with my sister and my parents. This will be my 5th trip to the DC area, so I've done a lot of the touristy things there. Downtown Alexandria is fun. It's a lot of shops, restaurants, and just an older looking area.

There's also a good restaurant that we've been to a couple of times while we've been there called Capitol City Brewery (I think). Really good food and yummy root beer (at least that's what my husband said).

My dad hates crowds, so when we go in September, we're definitely going to be avoiding monuments and smithsonian museums.

As for NYC, I can't tell you as much since I've only been there once, and I really didn't like it. I liked Central Park a lot and wished that we could have spent more time in there. The best part was winning the lottery to see "Wicked". That was worth the trip! Hope this helps and enjoy your trip!