10 September 2010

Labor day weekend

I would love to have a 3 day weekend every week. I think its the perfect balance. We have Saturday to clean/ fix the house, run errands, and even squeeze in a little football (did you watch the U of O game?? 72-0, poor New Mexico!) Then Sunday full of chasing rhys around the church and primary. But monday was reserved for fun and adventure. Last weekend our friends showed us this little slice of paradise in Lincoln City on the Oregon Coast, and justin has been drooling about going back since. It turned out to be a gorgeous day. Warm, sunny and no wind!! This is almost unheard of! What a way to spend the last weekend of summer. You have to park on this side with the rocks, and then paddle over to the sandy side. We only had our paddle board, so Justin actually pushed Rhys, Koda and I over on it. Luckily it was low tide and he could walk acrosss most of it.
We took our crab pot and put them out. We didnt catch any thing, but you could see them walking in the water about 2 feet from the surface, we should have just brought gloves and plucked them out.
You could walk over a dune to the other side and be at the ocean so Justin could surf too.

This kid was soo happy. I think this is one of our new favorite places.

3 comments:

Heather Heaton said...

um ok first of all CONGRATS!! Second you baby is so darn cute! seriously like model baby cute no joke! I am so happy for you, you look so happy and your little family is so beautiful! congrats again I hope you are feeling well!

Heather Heaton said...

ok so i thought I posted a commet but it is not showing! Ha! anyways CONGATS! that is so great! I hope you are feeling well!

Heather Heaton said...

Hahahaha I think I posted 2 commets.......wait three..... I am a little confused.........