10 July 2010

July 4th

As always, this holiday was great. All my family came in to my Aunts compound for the week it was fun to have everyone around. They did the Independence mini marathon (2.6 miles) in the morning. Even my grandma walked the whole thing.

all the runners/walkers

You go granma! We are so proud! rhys entertaining himself with the bark mulch.

Afterwards we went back to my aunts house, aka. my oasis, to swim and bbq. It was great. Good food, good company and not too hot. OK, it could have been a bit warmer, but Im not going to complain.

swimming with grampa. He would live in the water if he could.

I love his poncho towel.

We put baby to bed and watched home fireworks before the big show started. I love sitting on my aunts lower field, over looking the river, and watching the fireworks reflect back. Its gorgeous. I love that rhys was able to just sleep in the house while we went to watch the fireworks down the driveway. Perfect.

No comments: