30 August 2011

Road Trip '11

Every year we road trip to somewhere. This year was awesome. My mom, sister, the little boys and I went to Canada. It was great. My mom (and I) are Canadian, and all of her side of the family still lives in southern Alberta. Growing up, I used to go up for a couple weeks every summer and rummage around with my cousins. We havent been back in 5 years and I was itching to get back. Unfortunately that wasnt enough to convince my mom to go. It took a lesson in YW and my little sister getting bossy to get my mom to agree. They flew up here and we took off.

We spent the night in Coeur d'Alene, Id. What a beautiful place. I could have spent a few days walking around and playing on the lake.
look at me sitting up all by my self

That is probably the prettiest drive we have done yet. I kept looking around the whole way thinking I want to live here (or at least have a cabin to live during the summer).
Crossing the Border, we were all a bit stir crazy at this point.


the Cardston Temple

1 comment:

Lyndi said...

Hi Kelly! I stalk your blog, and I was so excited to see this post because my mom is from southern Alberta too! We took a trip up there this summer for Canada Day and spent time in Raymond and Waterton, and stayed in Cardston. Most of my relatives live in Cardston - the Dahls and Zemps.