07 November 2009

Girls Road trip-part 1

So last week, my friend and her darling little boy (found here) flew out to Seattle for a North west roadtrip with one of her friends from Pittsburg and her 2 little ones. We embarked on a girls adventure road trip. We met up at the airport and headed north to the San Juan Islands. They are a group of Islands between WA and Victoria Island... Gorgeous!! This is where the Orca whales come play and eat right next to the shoreline. We didnt get to see any, but im planning on heading up next year with my justin in tow for a cool weekend.
We found our way up to the top of Mt Constitution on Orcas island for some fantastic views of the surroundings. It was beautiful.
We stopped at these beautiful waterfalls on the way back to the ferry. One thing about the NW is that there are hundereds of waterfalls...I love it!
Then we headed back to the ferry over to Friday Harbor where we would sleep that night. Christi has done this thing called Couch Surfing where basically people sign up on this website to host travelers and let them sleep at their house, instead of paying for a hotel room. Its a great way to get a glimpse into their lives. And this was no exception. We stayed at this "farm" with Ken and his wife, their goats, alpaca, chickens, dog, cats, and endless supply of old machinery. It was so interesting hearing about all his big plans for their homestead while eating fresh sourdough pancakes, and fresh goat cheese, yogurt and milk. They almost live completely sustained off their farm land. Very cool, and the kids LOVED runnig around, picking fresh apples, finding potatoes, and getting out some energy. Both the other firls tried their hand at goat milking, but I was still sketched out and had Rhys in a death grip to try it myself. I even made Christi and Riv sleep with us cause Im a big chicken!

1 comment:

Megan and Greg said...

Holy cow that is CRAZY!!! I would've slept with my baby in my arms the entire night! I probably wouldn't have been able to sleep! Beautiful pics. I loved Rys's halloween costume! So cute!