09 November 2009

GRT- part 2

We took a ferry back to the mainland, and I loved catching these images of Rhys. He is so inquisitive these days.
Next on the itinerary was the North Cascades National Park. This was supposed to be beautiful glacier covered peaks through on either side of a river cut gorge, but all I saw was clouds and rain. It did, however, subside enough to let the kiddos run around. And I could tell it would be gorgeous...one day.
I left the gals here to head back to Portland while they went over to central Washington to drive the back side of the Cascades. I had to catch a 1:30pm flight to Vegas on Thursday, so I stopped off at my great Uncle's house in Seattle. It was great to spend the evening with them, meet the newest addition to the Armstrong clan, and get a good nights sleep. This was the prettiest stretch of all the driving. Beautiful fall colors, wispy clouds...

No comments: