30 November 2009

thanksgiving!

What a fabulous weekend!

It started off with the turkey bowl. I love the fall for so many reasons. One of them being the delicious turkey feast that gets celebrated with some wonderful people! This year we went over to our friends the Darby's. They have 4 adorable girls who love on Rhys any chance they get. We had so much fun playing wii and eating. It was fantastic. We love this family!
the darby's- gretchen, linda, leah, margret, christian and momo

On friday, we woke up and drove out to the coast to catch up with my family and go crabbing. What a gorgeous day it ended up being out in Newport. We only caught one dungeness, but like 32 red rock crabs, so another feast began.
On saturday, we joined the local gym! Why is this a highlight of my weekend, you ask? Mainly because of the 100+ classes included with the membership, or the 1700 sqft child care center where we get 2 free hours everyday... it is fabulous!

And on sunday, we put up our christmas tree! I wish we could have 4 day weekends every week!

4 comments:

party of four said...

Yay for crabbing...it could be my all time favorite food! What guy did you join? I want to join!!! Our teeny apartment just doesn't have room for any sort of working out, and it's gotten too cold for running with Thomas. I must find a gym...and 2 free hours of childcare sound great to me!

party of four said...

oops...gym. not guy.

linda said...

We love you guys too! We were so glad you came to Thanksgiving at our house. we all agreed it was one of our best ever. we need to do Rock Bank again soon.

Anonymous said...

Adventurous Traveler you are. If you're here in Cali let me know, it would be fun to get together with you. Send me your address when you get a chance: jewelsoccer4@yahoo.com.
Happy Holidays!