24 May 2011

DC

Oh what a fun trip. I met up with my dad and brother in DC for my birthday weekend. I only took Beckham, who was an absolute angel. We hit the red eye out and got into DC at 8 am. This was great in theory, except Beckham was the only one who slept on the plane. And it meant that we spend a good portion of our day sleeping. But once we woke up, we went to the national mall for a long walk around all the monuments.


The next day we headed up to Baltimore for the day. The rush concert was there that night, and my wonderful friend Christi came up too. She took Beckham home with her that night while I went to the show. Thanks again Christi!! We spent the day walking around the downtown promenade checking out the ships, eating five guys, walking over to little italy to get canoli's (which are now where near as good as Boston's), walking back to eat at McCormicks grill, and then heading to the show. Another great day.


On Saturday, we went to Mt. Vernon for the day. We walked around the grounds and awed at the view of the Potomac. On Sunday, we went to the Museum of Natural History and spent way too much time in the rocks section. The Dowdells (the people we were staying with) made a wonderful Easter dinner!






That night we went on a walk around their park, and got to watch an awesome lightning storm. I wish we had more of those in oregon. I like the rain when the air is warm and we can sit outside and watch the sky light up. Gorgeous.




The next day I went with Christi, her kiddos, and my dad to Great Falls NP to walk around until my dad had to be at the airport.




We stopped by coldstone for my birthday lunch before heading back to Christi's house for a nap outside. It was the perfect trip until I missed my direct flight and had to be rerouted through Denver. That sucked! But it was wonderful. And really nice to be with just Beckham for a few days. I feel like I got to know him so much better (which sounds so weird), but we finally figured each other out.

2 comments:

Danny and Kristen Woodbury said...

Ashlyn saw the picture of Beckham and said, "hey there's beckham! He has big cheeks." He definitely has his baby identifier! We'll enjoy it while it lasts!

Stephanie said...

Awesome pictures! How on earth did you catch that lightening bolt?! Sounds like a wonderful trip. I especially like going to Coldstone for your birthday "lunch". Awesome. :)