10 May 2011

some days

Some days I am so wrapped up in my boys, I dont want to do anything but play and be with them. Today is one of those days. We had big plans full of shopping and parks and even maybe the gym. Instead, we didnt get out of the shower until after noon. We played and sang and danced. We learned about how the laundry machine works and made train tracks in circles. We ate pancakes while watching Elmo for breakfast and split an "orange drink" and a pb&j sandwhich for lunch. I saw Rhys rubbing his eyes for nap time and I kept putting it off saying "Dont you want to play with this?" Now its nap time and I'm sitting in the quiet house alone. My little buddies are both happily sleeping and I just wish they weren't. I love hearing Rhys talk and sing to him self. I love his enthusasim for the small things. I love Beckhams blowing bubbles to get you to smile at him. I love how they love each other.

Most days I long for my silence. I long for the time when I can sit down and relax. But not today.

1 comment:

Megan and Greg said...

Oh, that was so sweet. I can totally relate. I'm always desperate for nap time, until she takes a really long one, and then I miss her.