15 March 2010

getting good.

This weekends plans just got a whole lot more interesting! I was planning to go home to CA to for a day, then drive to Vegas for another day, and fly home. Crazy, I know. Now let me explain (not that it will get rid of any of the craziness, it may in fact just add to it).

So since being pregnant, I have not been to the dentist. I'm not one of those people who avoids the dentist like the plague, I in fact really enjoy the feeling of fresh clean teeth. And in all honesty, I dont mind getting a cavity filled is (not that Im hoping for one)....anyways. Growing up, one of my dads best friends lives in Vegas, and just so happens to be a dentist. We always went to him for everything we have needed (cavities, wisdom teeth, crowns, ect.) and made a weekend out of going to shows and shopping. This may just be where my love for Vegas began.

Thats right, I love Vegas. I love all the bright lights, the million exhibits, good food, warm sunshine, intricate pools, entertaining shows and walking around all the themed hotels. Im like a kid when it comes to flashy, over-the-top things and bright lights. This is perhaps why I insisted on "running away to vegas" for our wedding, and luckily my wonderful husband obliged. Now I know about all the crap that is also there, and I know other people come for an entirely different purpose, but I just kinda ignore all that.

Anyways. What went from a weekend of dentist and Vegas for a day, has quickly turned into a long weekend complete with road trip reunion for me and my bf Sheri, and our 2 munchkins, and a good friends wedding. Yea!! I cant wait!

1 comment:

Megan and Greg said...

A wedding to boot? Sound like a great weekend!!!