24 March 2010

the gym

Oh the gym. I do love thee. Full of all sorts of people coming together for one reason, health. Sure, the motives may all be different, but they are all relatively the same. But it wasnt until recently that I really started to look around at the others that also love the gym. Im usually an in-n-out kind of gal. I tend to avoid eye contact, small talk and walk briskly from one activity to the next, because I only get 2 hours of free babysitting, and I intend not to waste it being chatty. This particular day though, my pilates class was canceled, so I had some extra time to look around and see who else was there. I realized though that I have seen most of these people before, and maybe you have seen them too...

ms. universe '82- Thats right, as in 1982. But this grandma has still got it!

the scrawny iron pumper-He has probably been insecure most of his life about his muscle size so he has decided to pick up the biggest weights he can find and use every muscle in his body to get that curl done.

the lady killer- at least thats what he thinks. Always scoping out the female attendee's thinking he can make their day with a flash of his biceps through his cut off shirt

the eliptical exrtaordinaire- She is going a million miles a minute, literally. Her legs look like they have gone into warp speed, and as you glance at her "stats" you'll see somewhere around the 45 minute mark, without even breaking a sweat.

the sweat machine- this guy looks like he just got out of the shower in preparation for his workout. (unfortunately, this is often my Justin)


the bull dog- this guy looks like Arnold in Terminator, but in a 5'4" body, with the bite to prove it.

the spandex guy- I just feel like slapping him out of the 80's and letting him know Spandex is not ok, ever.


peach splash- no matter how many times you order the peach mango splash smoothie with extra whey powder from the juice bar, the cute girl behind the counter is just doing her job in being nice to the members...really, shes just not that into you!

Sound familiar??

3 comments:

Amy said...

Haha Kelly you are too funny!! I love people watching at the gym.

dillon and kim said...

hahaha!!! This is so true and so funny. I used to work at the gym and saw all of these people!

DCRomney 2010 said...

DEFinately!!!